Comprehensive legal services for the sports industry.
The provision of legal services to an industry as unique as sports requires knowledge of this specific market and internal regulations issued by global, European and Polish sports associations. We have the necessary knowledge and practical experience, in particular in the field of professional football, volleyball and basketball.
In the area of sport law specialization, we deal with:
- legal advice in the field of contacts with sports associations,
- representation of clients before sports associations in transfer and contract matters,
- preparation and analysis of players' contracts,
- support in contract and transfer negotiations,
- preparation and analysis of sponsorship agreements in sport (taking into account the existing segmentation of sold rights or creating a sponsors pyramid from the scratch)
- legal advice on the ongoing operation of sports clubs on issues such as organization of mass events, cooperation with the media and external medical entities and local government units,
- representation of clubs and players in disciplinary proceedings before the trade unions,
- representation of clubs and players in proceedings before common and arbitration courts, such as the Arbitration Tribunal for Sport at Polish Olimpic Committee, Football Arbitration Court at Polish Footbal Association (PZPN) and the Court of Arbitration for Sports (Tribunal Arbitral du Sport) based in Lausanne.
If you choose a language of proceedings other than English or Polish in the proceedings before the CAS, at Client’s request we provide the assistance of an Italian law firm cooperating with us, specializing in representation before the CAS.
Read about other practice areas: